Sunday, July 8, 2007

CNN: Thompson thanks Clinton, New York Times for support

CNN | Jamie Crawford

Former Senator Fred Thompson thanked the New York Times and Hillary Clinton campaign Saturday for some publicity in the “Scooter” Libby case.

Thompson, speaking before the Young Republican National Convention Saturday in Hollywood, Florida, told the crowd how he had been an early supporter of Lewis “Scooter” Libby’s legal defense. “I didn’t know Scooter, but I knew an injustice when I saw one,” the former actor told the crowd.

He went on to offer some word of thanks for the publicity about his support of Libby. “The New York Times and the Hillary Clinton campaign have got us number one on their target list, so I want to report that and say I appreciate all their help,” Thompson said. “If nothing else, we’ve apparently convinced the Clinton’s that it really is a bad thing to lie under oath,” he said as his line was greeted with laughter from the audience.

No comments: